Jason’s first position at Lower Cape Fear Hospice & LifeCareCenter was as Volunteer Program Manager in 2002. For two years, he managed the recruitment, training, supervision, and recognition of the agency’s 500+ active volunteers. Then in 2004, Jason moved into the position of Director of Community Outreach, which is what he does today. He is in charge of the agency’s involvement in the community…speaking engagements, community education, health fairs, Chambers of Commerce, United Way, as well as continued supervision of the Volunteer Department. Hospice has been wonderful to Jason and he is passionate about educating people about their special kind of caring as well as other end of life issues, including Begin the Conversation, the agency’s public awareness initiative to encourage people to practice advance care planning.
- Tracy Ash New Hanover County Senior Resource Center and Wes Davis Pender Adult Services
- Rick Richards CEO Elderhaus Pace Wilmington NC
- Amanda Jordan Brainard with The ADR Center and George Holston with Cape Fear Lions Club
- Paul D’Angelo Wilmington Housing Authority -Choice NeighborhoodsNC and Joyce Edwards Coastline Mixed Mediums and Senior Advisory Board
- Jane Roberts with Carolina Move Managers and Lisa Polanski with Plantation Village Retirement Living Community